Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Weekend in Birmingham

Mark and I went to Birmingham this past weekend for the second time this year! I know it has been way too long inbetween trips but school is very demanding of Mark's time. We arrived Thursday afternoon about four (just ahead of traffic!), immediately dropped the dog off, and headed to Wings ( our favorite place to eat). Our wings were of course fabulous, but our time spent there was cut short due to a very friendly drunk guy who could not keep his hands off Mark and an old coworker.
Friday started off with a wonderful surprise! I was invited to go with my sister's family to her ultrasound to find out the sex of their baby. It's a boy! Everyone was excited except for my neice, Emory. She was super concerned that the nurse was hurting my sister, so to try to ease her discomfort, I took Emory to the caffeteria to pick out a special drink ( also so Sarah could finish up her Dr.'s appointment). Emory picked out a purple drink and a red drink for Aunt Grace! Next stop was to drop Emory off at a friend's house and Sarah and I had a great time seeing friends and shopping! Later that night, Mark and I went to eat at another one of our favorite places, Kobe, and went bowling with some frinds. I won the first game, but I was challenged well!
Saturday morning I got to sleep in some and then go to the mall and lunch with another friend. We went to Zaxby's (what else!) after some very important sho shopping. Mark and I then went to have some Margarittas with Kara and had a great time! When alcohol is involved, you know it will great, especially with her!! A wedding was next on our agenda and then an evening with our old high school buddies. There was alcohol there too!
Unfortunately, we had to head back to Atlanta on Sunday but not before a fantastic lunch with my inlaws and getting my mother-in-law started up on FB.
It was a great weekend!!! I love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment