Thursday, June 4, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Mark and I traveled to Mobile, AL for Memorial Day weekend. We had a fantastic time! This was Jade's first marathon car trip and she did very well!

We arrived Thursday evening just in time for dinner. Even though we had not been to Mobile since last Summer, nothing had changed. Friday, my Dad had to leave after work to go to a conference in New Orleans to speak about a medical precedure on Liver cancer. He practiced his speach for me Thursday night and it was really good! My mom and I went and had pedicures done Friday afternoon, after that, Mark and I went bowling with Josh and his girlfriend, Jamie, and then Mark, Mom & I went to eat at Wings! It was a great day!

Saturday, we all went to eat at the Oyster House! Then we came home and watched a movie with Mom and Dad. On Sunday, we went to church at Grace and heard a wonderful sermon on happiness. It was so good to see some old friends and to meet some of my parents friends. For lunch, Josh invited Mark and me to eat at BWW with him, Jamie and her daughter. You can never go wrong with BWW. Sunday afternoon my parents took a nap and we went to Home Depot to pick out paint colors for our house in T-Town. That evening, I played a round of cribbage with my Daddy and he won best 2 out of 3. Believe me that is not a good thing! He has bragging rights until our next match!

Unfortunately, we had to leave Monday afternoon, but not before Mark and I had a wonderful morning full of conversation and coffee with Mom and Dad. I cannot wait until I am able to see them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment