Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Trash or Treasure

It never fails to amaze me how much junk a person can collect in one year. And by a person I mean Mark and me together and individually.

When we moved to Atlanta, I did not realize how much stuff I had collected over three years. I had something around 8-10 garbage bags of clothes that I donated and double that amount of trash bags full of trash. Bar stools were gotten rid of along with countless other odd items still left over from my high school days. I was pretty satisfied with the work that Mark and I did on weeding out the needed and not necessary.

Now that we are moving again, I have begun the same process. I have not started packing, packing, but I have started to clean out boxes that were never unpacked in the first place! I must assume that if a box full of items was not useful for the past 10 months, it should be tossed out in its entirity. Unfortunately, my curiosity gets the best of me and I have an uncontrollable urge to find out what these unuseful items must be! In the end, it turned out to be very educational and rewarding.

There were many exclamations of "hey, that's where the staplers were!" and "I forgot these pictures existed! Look how tan I am!" and my all time favorite, "what the hell is that?!" I never thought that I would need to unpack, to be able to pack, just to unpack again!

No comments:

Post a Comment