Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cold, Cold, Cold!

I cannot believe that it was 16 degrees this morning with a wind chill factor of 1 degree! The last time I remember it being that cold was when I went skiing in Telurid! I am sure I looked like a marshmellow walking into work today. The view I have from inside the clinic is a wall of windows. It is hard to believe that suck a gorgeous day could still make people run inside.I am looking forward to the warm weather that is heading our way this weekend.

Jade usually loves her bathes, but today's bath was not so enjoyable for her. Poor thing was so cold she was shaking when I was shampooing her up. It also did not help that where she has to stay, it takes a long while to heat up. Everybody at work is so kind to look after her and keep turning the dryer on to help warm her up!

Our bedroom is always fridgid on the cold, cold nights. We have to keep our bedroom door closed to have a "hair free" zone. Mark is allergic to cat dander and he snores less when we do not let them inside to sleep on our bed. Of course, if you enter the room and leave the door even slightly cracked, they will push it open and charge under the bed. Then its this big ordeal to chase them out. During the day and when we go to bed at night, if they see us enter and exit our bedroom, I will hear them pushing on the door to test if it will open. Apparently, they do not want to miss out on any chance of getting into mom and dad's room! As a result of the bad kitties, the room never heats up. The sun never has an opportunity to shine in our bedroom window because it gets blocked by another building. Our apartment faces East so all afternoon the sun smiles through our sliding glass doors. Which is good in the Winter, bad in the Summer. Needless to say the bedroom stays at least 10 degrees colder if not more, and I sleep with three blankets. Double pained windows, what is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment